Optional update KB5017383 is available for all Windows 11 users. Here is the direct link to download the offline installer for KB5017383.
Microsoft is releasing Windows 11 updates prior to new update 22H2. This Patch Tuesday, Microsoft released a new optional update, KB5017383, for all Windows 11 users. As with most optional updates, it contains improvements, fixes, and some new features.
These new improvements and fixes include issues with reinstalling applications in the MS Store, networking issues, shutdown errors, issues with viewing PDF files in IE mode, Group Policy issues, Windows DefenderNET Framework 2.0 installation issues.NET Dynamic Code reliability validation failures, LogonUI.exe issues, Robocopy failures, etc.
New features in KB5017383 WebAuthn redirects and more Dynamic Widgets to the taskbar.
Since this is an optional update, click the “Download and Install” button on the “Settings and Windows Update” page. Alternatively, you can search for updates in the Microsoft Update catalog and download the offline installer for KB5017383.
Offline Installer for KB5017383Download
Offline installer for KB5017383 update is available from Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Go to this web page, search for “KB5017383”, find your version of Windows 11, and click the following “Download” button. Another window or tab will open. Click on the available link and the offline installer will download to your computer. After downloading, double-click the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install KB5017383. Note that updates will only be installed if they are supported. Additional updates and dependencies may be downloaded as needed.
- New! Introduced WebAuthn redirect. Allows authentication of applications and websites without passwords when using remote desktop. And security devices such as Windows Hello and Fast Identity Online 2.0 (FIDO2) keys can be used.
- New! Add more dynamic widget content to the taskbar and display notification labels. When the widget dashboard is opened, a banner will appear at the top of the dashboard. Provides more information about what triggered the notification banner.
- Fixed an issue where an app would need to be reinstalled if the Microsoft Store was not signed for that app. This issue occurs after upgrading to a new operating system.
- Fixed an issue where the Microsoft Store would stop updating codecs.
- Fixed an issue with race conditions during auto-correct frame registration. This problem was caused by a missing registration key.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Network Policy Server Management (NPSM) service. This issue caused significant delays in logging out.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Windows Search service. The index progress is slow when using the service.
- Fixed an issue affecting cached credentials for security keys and FIDO2 certificates. For domain bound hybrid devices, the system will delete these cached credentials.
- Fixed an issue affecting static IP addresses for networks. This issue caused inconsistent configuration of static IP addresses. As a result, the NetworkAdapterConfiguration() function would sporadically fail.
- Addressed a rare shutdown error when using multiple displays after changing the display mode.
- Fixed a problem affecting Desktop Window Manager (DWM) rendering. This issue could cause the device to become unresponsive in the virtual machine configuration when using certain video drivers.
- Fixed an issue affecting graphics drivers that use d3d9on12.dll.
- Fixed an issue that forced IE mode tabs to reload in certain sessions.
- Fixed an issue where opening a browser window in IE mode and displaying a PDF file would succeed. Subsequently, browsing another site in IE mode within the same window failed.
- Fixed an issue affecting the window.open function in IE mode.
- Introduced a group policy to enable/disable Microsoft HTML Application (MSHTA) files.
- Addressed an issue affecting Microsoft’s Japanese IME (Input Method Editor). Text conversion fails when using some third-party virtual desktops.
- Fixed a problem that occurs when the input queue overflows. This could cause the application to stop responding.
- Fixed an issue where a black screen may appear on the display. This may occur when HDR (High Dynamic Range) is turned on using the pen.
- Fixed an issue affecting App-V client services. Removing a node from the App-V registry would cause a memory leak in the service.
- Fixed an issue that caused the default printer to change when a printer is connected to the network.
- Fixed an issue affecting Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) path rules. This issue would stop .msi and PowerShell scripts from executing.
- Fixed an issue that caused WDAC to bypass MSHTML and ActiveX rules.
- Fixed an issue that caused WDAC to log events 3091 and 3092 in audit mode.
- Fixed an issue affecting Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC). Prevents WDAC from logging reliability check failures for .NET Dynamic Code.
- Addresses an issue affecting WDAC policies. When SecureLaunch is enabled on a device, WDAC policies are not applied to that device.
- Addresses an issue that causes WDAC policies to fail to load. The system logs this failure as an error, but it should be logged as a warning.
- Fix issue affecting code integrity logging. It logs the problem as an error instead of a warning. This causes autocorrect to be activated.
- Fixed a problem affecting the touch keyboard. The touch keyboard will close as soon as you tap to switch applications.
- Fixed a bug that prevented LogonUI.exe from working. Therefore, the credentials screen cannot be displayed by unlocking the lock screen.
- Fixed a problem affecting the FindNextFileNameW() function. It could cause a memory leak.
- Fixed a problem affecting the Robocopy function. When the /IS option was used, Robocopy could not set the file to the correct modification time.
- Fixed an issue affecting cldflt.sys. When used with Microsoft OneDrive, a stop error occurs.
- Fixed an issue affecting the LanmanWorkstation service. The service causes memory to be missing when mounting a network drive.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Get-SmbServerNetworkInterface command. It retrieves only a subset of available network interfaces.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Get-SmbServerConfiguration command. It can only be executed by an administrator.
- Fixed an issue affecting roaming user profiles. After logging in or logging out, some settings were not restored.
- Fixed a known issue affecting XML Paper Specification (XPS) browsers. This may have prevented some non-English speaking XPS files from opening. These include Japanese and Chinese character codes. This problem affects XPS and Open XPS (OXPS) files.
- Fixed a known issue affecting daylight saving time in Chile. This issue could affect times and dates used for appointments, applications, tasks, services, transactions, etc.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Hyperlink.Click event. This issue affects applications that embed hyperlinks in TextBlocks and RichTextBlocks, such as Phone Link and Feedback Hub.
YouTube video: Offline installer for KB5017383 for Windows 11 is available for download