Optional Update KB5014668 for Windows 11 has been released. Here is the link to download the offline installer for KB5014668 for Windows 11.
Publicly, Microsoft has released a new update, KB5014668, for all Windows 11 users. Previously, it was only available for Windows 11 Insider. Unlike the previous cumulative update, this update is optional. This means that the update will not be installed automatically. Instead, you must click the “Download and Install” button on the Windows Update page. In addition to the usual fixes and improvements, this update includes several new features. These new features include Search Highlights, auditing of incoming IP addresses for Windows Remote Administration via Even Viewer, addition of SMB (Server Message Block) redirection, TLS (Trasport Layer Security) 1.0The following new features have been added: support for Trasport Layer Security 1.0, Search Highlights, auditing of incoming IP addresses for Windows Remote Administration via Even Viewer, and Server Message Block (SMB) redirection.3(Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) implementations on Windows clients and servers, and the ability to configure the cipher suite order for SMB clients and SMB servers using PowerShell.
As mentioned earlier, this additional update contains several important fixes and enhancements. These fixes and improvements include, but are not limited to, localization of the Japanese system, Windows Sandbox Start Screen, Cloud Clipboard Service, XAudio API issues when playing certain games, and issues related to Windows 11 updates.including but not limited to. 1>
Download KB5014668 Offline Installer
Update KB5014697 is available as an offline installer from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Go to this site, locate your version of Windows 11, and click the following “Download” button. A separate window or tab will open. Click on the available link and the offline installer will be downloaded to your computer. After downloading, double-click the installer and follow the wizard to install KB5014697. Remember that updates will only be installed if they are supported. Additional updates and dependencies may also be downloaded as needed.
- Security event 4262 and WinRM event 91 add IP address auditing for incoming Windows Remote Management (WinRM) connections. This resolves an issue where logging the source IP address and machine name of a remote PowerShell connection fails.
- Added specific public file system management (FSCTL) code FSCTL_LMR_QUERY_INFO to the Server Message Block (SMB) redirector device (RDR).
- Provides the ability to use PowerShell to set the order of encrypted packets for SMB clients and SMB servers.
- Search Highlights highlights notable and interesting moments of the day, such as holidays, anniversaries, and educational moments from around the world and region. To view search highlights during a search, click or tap the search icon on the taskbar. For corporate clients, Search Highlights can also display the latest information about your organization and suggest people, files, and more. Search Highlights will be rolled out to Windows 11 customers in the coming weeks. We are taking a phased and deliberate approach. We plan to launch it gradually in the coming weeks. For more information on group configurations, please see “Group Configuration: Search Highlights for Windows”.
- Added support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 in client and server implementations of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) in Windows.
- Fixed a race condition issue that caused upgrades to Windows 11 (original version) to fail.
- Fixed an issue where Japanese characters were displayed incorrectly in PowerShell.
- Fixed an issue that affected the Cloud Clipboard service, causing synchronization between machines to fail after a certain period of inactivity.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows Sandbox start screen could not be hidden after the Sandbox was started.
- Fixed the problem that it would not work when EUDC (End User Defined Characters) was disabled on devices with Japanese system locale.
- Enabled the InternetExplorerModeEnableSavePageAs group policy. See the Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation for more information.
- Enable network proxy during universal print operation.
- Fixed a problem in which continuous video playback may fail in games that use DirectX 12 (DX12).
- Fixed a problem that caused some games to stop working when using the XAudio API to play sound effects.
- Fixed an issue affecting some certificate chains of root certification authorities that are members of Microsoft’s root certification program. For these certificates, the status of the certificate chain could become “This certificate has been revoked by that CA.
- Fixed an issue where Encrypted File System (EFS) files could not be used with WebDAV (Distributed Authoring and Versioning) connections.
- Fixed an issue where the domain controller would incorrectly log 21 Key Distribution Center (KDC) events in the system event log. This occurs in key trust scenarios (Windows Hello for Business and Device Authentication) when the KDC successfully processes a Kerberos Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication (PKINIT) authentication request with a self-signed certificate.This occurs when KDC successfully processes a Kerberos Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication (PKINIT) authentication request with a self-signed certificate.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Bluetooth from reconnecting after rebooting certain audio devices.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service (AD LDS) reset the password of a userProxy object. When attempting to reset someone else’s password and authenticated with Simple Bind, the password reset would fail. An error “00000005: SvcErr: DSID-03380C23, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0” occurred.
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft NTLM authentication using external trust would fail. This issue occurs when a domain controller containing Windows Update after January 11, 2022 issues an authentication request and is not in the root domain and does not have a global catalog role.
- Security database is not started.
- Domain was in an inappropriate state for security processing.
- 0xc00000dd (STATUS_INVALID_DOMAIN_STATE).
- A problem has been fixed where the Configuration Service Provider (CSP) LocalUsersAndGroups policy would fail if the administrator built-in group was changed. The issue occurs when the local administrator account does not appear in the member list when a replace operation is performed.
- Fixed a problem in DeviceEnroller.exe where incorrect XML input could cause an error. This will prevent CSP from being delivered to the device until the device is rebooted or the XML is corrected.
- Fixes an issue in Windows 11 (original version) where the application would stop working if there was no network connection when installed.
- After uninstalling Windows Terminal, right-click the Start button (Win+X) and Windows PowerShell will be updated to appear in the Start menu.
- Rename Your Phone application to Phone Link in the settings page.
- Fixed an issue where the Microsoft Surface Dial customization settings page would not work.
- Fixed a known issue that could prevent the Wi-Fi hotspot feature from working. Attempting to use the hotspot feature could cause the host device to lose Internet connectivity after the client device connects.
YouTube video: KB5014668 Offline Installer for Windows 11