Windows Sybsystem for Android allows you to run Android applications on Windows 11. This section explains how to install Windows Subsystem for Android.
After adding support for Linux on Windows, Microsoft has added support for running Android applications on Windows 11. Using WSA (Windows Subsystem for Android), you can install the Android app store and install your favorite Android apps from there. Once installed, you can launch the Android app directly from the Start menu just like any other Windows app. Pretty cool, huh?”
As well as adding support for Linux, you will need to install the Windows Subsystem for Android to run Android apps on Windows 11.
we will walk you through the steps to install Windows Subsystem for Android and run Android applications on Windows 11.
Table of Contents:
- System Requirements
- Enabling Hyper-V Virtual Features
- Installing Windows Subsystem for Android
- On Windows 11Installing Android Apps on Windows 11
1. System Requirements
To install Windows Subsystem for Android and run Android apps on Windows 11, your computer must meet the following requirementsYour system must meet one or more of the following requirements If your system does not meet one or more of the requirements, you will not be able to run the Android app.
- Processor must be an 8th generation Intel i3 or higher or AMD Ryzen 3000 series or higher.
- Must have at least 8GB of memory. Microsoft recommends 16GB.
- SSD storage.
- Virtual Machine Platform feature supported.
- Microsoft Store version 22110.1402.6.0 or later.
- Windows 11 version 22000.0 or later.
- Country name
- Stable internet connection.
- Amazon user account (to login to Amazon App Store).
IMPORTANT NOTICE: At the time of this writing, Microsoft only supports “USA” for this feature. However, Microsoft will eventually add support for other countries. The same applies to the Amazon Appstore.
Once you have verified that your system meets all requirements, please follow the steps below one by one.
2. Enable Hyper-V Virtual Features
The first and most important thing to do is to enable the “Virtual Machine Platform” and “Windows Hypervisor Platform” features.
- Click the “Start” icon on the taskbar.
- Locate and open “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- Select the checkbox for “Virtual Machine Platform.”
- Select the checkbox for “Windows Hypervisor Platform.”
- Click the “OK” button.
- Click the “Reboot Now” button.
- After rebooting, both features will be installed.
Press the Start key on the keyboard or click the Start icon on the taskbar. From the Start menu, locate and open the “Turn Windows Features On or Off” tool. This tool is used to install or uninstall additional Windows features.
Check the “Virtual Machine Platform” and “Windows Hypervisor Platform” checkboxes. Click the “Ok” button to save the changes. Both of these features are required to install Windows Subsystem for Android.
Windows will install the required features and request a restart. Click the “Restart Now” option to restart Windows 11.
After restart, both features will be installed and enabled.
Proceed to the next step.
3. Install Windows Subsystem for Android
Once the virtual platform and hypervisor are enabled, proceed to install Windows Subsystem for Android. To do this, you will need to install the Amazon Appstore for Android. The Subsystem for Android will then be installed automatically.
- Go to the MS Store page.
- Click on the “Get Store App” button.
- Click the “Install” button for the store app.
- Click the “Download” button.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Click the “Open Amazon Appstore” button.
- This completes the installation of the Windows subsystem for Android.
- “Already an Amazon customer?”Click the “+” button. Sign in”
- Enter your Amazon credentials and click the “Sign in” button.
Link to Amazon Appstore: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/amazon-appstore/9NJHK44TTKSX
First go to the abovelink to the MS Store web page and click on the “Get in Store App” button. This will bring up the Amazon Appstore page in the Microsoft Store app in Windows 11.
Note: At the time of writing, the Amazon Appstore does not appear when searching directly in the Microsoft Store app. This is because both the subsystem and the Amazon Store app are in the preview stage. Of course, once fully publicly available, you will be able to search the Amazon Appstore directly in the Store app.
On the Store App page, click the “Install” button.
Note: If the “Install” button is grayed out or unavailable, the app is not supported in your country or your computer may not support it.
Then click the “Download” button. Windows will download all the necessary components to install Windows Subsystem for Android and the Amazon Appstore.
Once complete, press the “Open Amazon Appstore” button.
Click the “Already an Amazon customer? Click the “Sign In” button.
If you do not have an Amazon account, click the “Create a new Amazon account” button to create an account.
4. Create an Amazon account. Installing Android Apps on Windows 11
You can officially install Android apps from Amazon’s Android app store. The method is as follows.
- Open the Amazon Appstore from the Start menu.
- Find the app you wish to install.
- You can find the app from the search bar.
- Click the “Get” button.
- Click “Download/Install” button.
- After downloading, you can open it from the app store or “Start” menu.
- You can now install the Android application on Windows 11.
That’s all. It is very easy to install the Windows subsystem for Android and run Android apps on Windows 11.
We hope this simple and easy guide to working with Windows 11 will help you.